- The Decemberists
- The Dandy Warhols
- The Shins
- Blitzen Trapper
- Elliot Smith
- Ana Matronic
- Gus Van Sant
- Chuck Palahniuk
- Matt Groening (creater of The Simpsons)
- Isaiah Mustafa / Old Spice Commercials
- Greenest City in America (or in the top 3, depending on where you look)
- Powell’s City of Books (a four-story independent bookstore that takes up a full city block, and carries new and cheap used books. YEAH, THAT’S RIGHT.)
- 7th highest LGBT population in the country
Oh my god, I could go on and on. These are things that non-Portlanders might actually recognize/don’t require extra explanations, though. But basically, I really love my city.
My uncle was tight with Matt Groening when they were kids.
Yeah, what up.
Can I extend that one and say that I love that many many of the Simpsons characters are named after the iconic streets of Portland?
Why do I not live in Portland? It’s apparently all I want in my life.
Oh my gosh, you would love Portland. It’s beautiful and artsy and eco-friendly and [goes on and on]. I love Portland [I love my state in general <3]!
Blue eyes to Heaven rise
Grey eyes go to Paradise
Green eyes in Hell tell lies
Black eyes in Purgatory get wise
I hate your company and your shitty products. Curse you and the way you make your products susceptible to overheating, random shutdowns and blue screens of death. Curse you for shutting off my security systems every time I turn it on. Curse you all the way to computer company purgatory, and then, after a fair and just trial, to computer company hell.
(I don’t blame you Pierre Marteau [my computer], I blame your creator. I still love you)